Most people will experience some temporary form of back pain in their lifetime. Other people live with chronic pain. Regardless of how often you get it, it is crucial to identify the causes and symptoms so you know when to get treatment.
There are a number of reasons why your back can hurt, including:
- Muscle spasms
- Performing an awkward or abrupt movement
- Lifting something that is too heavy
- Lifting something incorrectly
- Straining ligaments or muscles
It is also possible for there to be structural problems within the back. Arthritis, sciatica and ruptured disks are some of the most common structural issues you may face.
There can be other symptoms of chronic back pain. Typical symptoms that generally accompany this pain include:
- Feeling pain below your knees or throughout your legs
- Having back inflammation
- Having a fever or elevated body temperature
- Experiencing extreme weight loss
- Feeling numb around your buttocks or genitals
In the event that your back pain comes with any of the above-mentioned symptoms, you need to schedule an appointment with your doctor right away. Back pain relief is something that we can help with, so contact Specialists in Pain Management today for assistance.